You are paid a flat rate per hour for your shift thus you will not be paid for transport e.g. fuel, travel to the shift etc. However, the following exemptions apply:
- Should the Car/Van driver need to deliver inside the London Congestion Charge Zone (check on TFL website) and his/her vehicle is not exempt from congestion charge, the driver will need to pay the congestion charge on the day of the shift £11.50/£10.50 (through direct debit) and you will be reimbursed.
- For Hospitality bookings: Should you require to travel during the shift, e.g. reallocate to another branch, you will be reimbursed for your travel expenses (public transport only unless agreed otherwise).
- Pay the congestion charge directly to TFL
- Make sure that receipts are emailed to you electronically
- At the end of your shift, email the receipts directly to firstname.lastname@example.org - we will make sure that the congestion charges are included in your weekly pay
If you work in hospitality, clients do not generally cover travel costs to and from the booking unless this is stated specifically in the job description. We generally encourage clients to cover any travel costs or make travel arrangements if the booking is located outside the M25 area, so please make sure you read the job description to find out if travel costs are covered for shifts outside of London.
To claim expenses and additional costs:
- Take a photo of your receipt with the date and cost clearly shown
- Send the photo of the receipt to email@example.com